Conway's Game of Life is a dead simple cellular simulation. It contains an infinite grid composed of cells, which live or die based on a few rules:
- Any live cell with fewer than two live neighbours dies, as if caused by underpopulation.
- Any live cell with more than three live neighbours dies, as if by overcrowding.
- Any live cell with two or three live neighbours lives on to the next generation.
- Any dead cell with exactly three live neighbours becomes a live cell
- Carakan: Opera's up-and-coming engine featuring JIT. Reportedly 2.5 times faster than the current Opera byte-code based engine Futhark.
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core TK-55 at 1.8 GHz
- 2048 MB DDR 2 Memory at 159.6 MHz.
- Windows 7 Professional
- Chrome 18.104.22.168
- Firefox 3.5.5
- Internet Explorer 8
- Safari 4.0.3
- Opera 10.01
Now onto the results, which are plotted on the graph below: